“Dr. Cheyenne Bryant’s Biography”
Welcome! Dr. Cheyenne Bryant is a Psychology Expert, renowned Life Coach, Teen Mom Life Coach on MTV, ranked #1 Author in SUCCESS Magazines top 20, the President of NAACP; branch #1069, Founder of Dr. Bryant Institute, Founder of Dr. Bryant Foundation, author of the award-winning Readers Favorite Five-Star book, “Mental Detox,” Motivational Speaker, community activist, host, and brand ambassador.
Dr. Bryant’s mission is to spread her message and expertise on how to lead a healthier, happier, balanced and more fulfilling life. For years, she has shared her wisdom, awareness, mastery, and insight through her private practice, book, lectures, workshops, and assisting individuals with life impairments and challenges. Dr. Bryant embarked on a similar journey as the one you are undertaking, assisted by Iyanla Vanzant, Oprah Winfrey, Marriane Williamson, and many more. Dr. Bryant’s passion for healing, encouraging, and empowering others is what led her to become a Doctor of Psychology and Life Coach.
Dr. Bryant attended Cal State University of Northridge at the age of 17. While there, she obtained a double degree in Psychology and Pan African studies. During her first two years, she was undecided as to what field she should pursue as a career. Organically, she ended up choosing psychology. She still wasn’t quite sure why, however. She didn’t realize what had triggered her interest until she entered the Master’s Program at University of Phoenix. She was about halfway through the Master’s program and boom! It hit her! She had A LOT of healing within herself that needed to be done. Dr. Bryant’s desire for self-fulfillment, healing, peace, and balance within herself and others drew her to the field of psychology. Being the overachiever that she is, Dr. Bryant decided to pursue her Doctorate degree in Counseling Psychology from Argosy University.
Dr. Bryant is a pro-active community activist. She sits on many community and collegiate boards such as Los Angeles Harbor College, University of West Los Angeles Law School, and many others. She volunteers her time providing community care, inspirational speeches, lectures, mentoring, and resources to youth state facilities and at risk youth programs. In 2014, Dr. Bryant founded the “Dr. Bryant Team” which created and provided employment opportunities. The “Dr. Bryant Team” focused on providing food, hygiene, clothing, programs, and resources to the disadvantaged communities in Los Angeles County all of which Dr. Bryant solely funded. As a result, of her impact on the community, Dr. Bryant founded the Dr. Bryant Foundation; a 501c3 non-profit that provides school supplies, clothing, computers, and exposure to the underprivileged, and implements needs and resolutions to the community to advance the inner-city youth, and families.
As a result, of Dr. Bryant’s work she was honored the following awards:
- Dr. Cheyenne Bryant received congressional recognition from Congresswoman Janice Hahn as a result of her outstanding contribution toward the welfare of the Angeleno community by providing underprivileged families with computers and free Wi-Fi. This kind of leadership creates economic development by providing resources that are direct streamlines to job opportunities.
- Dr. Cheyenne Bryant received SPECIAL congressional recognition from Congresswoman Karen Bass as, “WOMAN OF THE YEAR” as a result of her invaluable leadership contributing to decreasing the healthcare gap, economic development, providing mental health awareness, and providing resources in the community.
- Dr. Cheyenne Bryant led and mobilized the FIRST Civil Rights Unity March in partnership with LAPD with the support of Chief Michael Moore, Chief Regina Scott, Senator Steve Bradford, Congresswoman Nannette Barragan, Assemblyman Patrick O’Donnell, ILWU, Councilman Joe Buscaino, local small businesses, students, teachers, and the local churches.
- Supervisor Hilda Solis commended Dr. Cheyenne Bryant as a result of her dedicated leadership to the issues and affairs of WOMEN RIGHTS.
- Supervisor Mark Ridley Thomas commended Dr. Cheyenne Bryant as a result of her dedication to lead the community and bring AIDS health awareness to the Black and LBGTQ community.
- Assemblyman Mike Gipson honored and recognized Dr. Cheyenne Bryant for her leadership and commitment towards providing youth, adults, and seniors with free care, free food, job fairs, and mentoring.
- Dr. Cheyenne Bryant’s ability to build community partnerships enabled her to provide free computers and free Wi-Fi to underprivileged families in the Harbor Area. This allowed student of all ages an education opportunity and their parents, and family members an opportunity to develop economically. This kind of gesture changes the entire trajectory of families and in return the community. This is what true leadership and results look like.
- Assemblyman Patrick O’ Donnell recognized Dr. Cheyenne Bryant as, “WOMAN OF DISTINCTION.” Calling her “a role model to the community” as a result of her commitment to Assembly district 70 and her leadership accomplishments. Assemblyman Patrick O’ Donnell went on to say, “Through your efforts you have demonstrated the positive impact that one determined individual can make on the world.”
- Dr. Cheyenne Bryant led the Harbor City Skate Park project from planning, funding, to final development. This project resulted in taking kids off the inner-city streets, decreasing crime rate, increasing public safety, and brought community back to their neighborhood.
- Dr. Cheyenne Bryant authored the MENTAL HEALTH DIVERSION RESOLUTION passed at the NAACP State level to reform prison sentencing.
- SUCCESS Magazine labeled, Dr. Cheyenne Bryant the woman who BROKE THE GLASS CEILING in the male dominate field of mental health as a result of her leadership efficacy. Dr. Cheyenne Bryant leads the industry in delivering results in ways such as changing millions of lives, writing mental health resolutions, speaking on the national circuit, and teaching her mental health constituencies her effective Psychology modality.
- Dr. Cheyenne Bryant was rated #1 Author on TOP 20 list in SUCCESS Magazine amongst Oprah Winfrey, Les Brown, Maya Angelou, and many other legends.
- FORBES Magazine labeled, Dr. Cheyenne Bryant a POWERFUL WOMAN IN MEDIA as a result of her impact and leadership on women rights and young woman across the nation.
- OPRAH Magazine recognized Dr. Cheyenne Bryant as a LEADING Psychology Expert in the mental health field.
- Los Angeles Sparks recognized Dr. Cheyenne Bryant as, “WOMAN OF THE YEAR” as a result of her leadership in revolutionizing woman sports by aiding in selling out a WNBA game for the first time in history of women’s basketball.
- Dr. Cheyenne Bryant partnered with Mayor Albert Robles and opened the FIRST COVID-19 testing center in the inner city for minority access. This leadership helped fill the healthcare disparity gap in the Black and Brown community.
- During the pandemic Dr. Cheyenne Bryant, provided over $100,000 worth of grocery gift cards to underserved college students.
- Dr. Cheyenne Bryant was labeled, INSPIRING SPEAKER for being a catalyst for change in the fight to end domestic violence.
- Hollywood and African Prestigious Awards recognized Dr. Cheyenne Bryant as, “WOMAN OF THE YEAR” for her contribution as a Psychology Expert to the marginalized communities, changing lives through her expertise, and providing resources to the homeless community.
- Dr. Cheyenne Bryant received the “COMMUNITY HEART AWARD” for her contribution to the LGBTQ community and her continuous fight for LGBTQ rights, and equality.
- UNSUNG HERO presented Dr. Cheyenne Bryant with the “HUMANITARIAN AWARD” for her continuous contribution to the homeless community, marginalized community, police reform, and prison reform.
Join Our Newsletter!
As featured in: